Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dog food, what's best in this case?

Question by Kia Koala Victorino (8): Dog food, what’s best in this case?

I know the “what dog food is best” question has been asked to death, but until Yahoo starts letting me exchange my points for ice cream or something, I might as well use them ;)


My BF has a 6 year old golden retriever. He currently feeds her the Rachel Ray dry dog food. I have limited knowledge about dog foods, but I see all that corn and soy crap in there and I can see its not a great food. The dog is overweight, and has some tummy issues (gas, diarrhea, vomiting) from time to time. I am looking for recommendations on a good food to get for her, whatever is best and will help her health out the most. She has had vet check ups, he is VERY good about getting her care whenever she needs, but I want to see her on a healthier food. Any advice is welcome, thank you so much :)

Lizard, I agree that raw is best, but its not really an option for him. I am looking more for if wet would be better in this situation, or dry, or a combination. Thanks lots for most of the input so far :)



Best answer:


Answer by Lizard
Raw Feed the dog. Thats what i do. It’s so healthy for the dog bc the meat gives her protein and the the bone gives her calcium. I also noticted it made my dogs teeth whiter.



Add your own answer in the comments!



Dog food, what's best in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment