Monday, December 30, 2013

Why is my dogs skin dry and what can I do about it?


Question by Natalia: Why is my dogs skin dry and what can I do about it?

I’ve been noticing that my dogs skin is dry and a bit flaky. We don’t give her baths often, probably every two or four months because then the natural oil in her skin won’t wash away. Is there some kind of conditioner for dogs that I can use on her? Maybe something that can be found at Petsmart or Petco



Best answer:


Answer by Shawn
Try to bathe your dog every 2 weeks with a good, conditioning dog shampoo. It should be oatmal-based and non-soap.


You can add omega 3 fatty acids to your pup’s fooe, or start feeding Science Diet Sensitive Skin.


Your vet probably has a better shampoo than you could go and pick out yourself. Or ask a groomer at Petsmart to recommend a good shampoo.


vet tech



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Why is my dogs skin dry and what can I do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment